Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Big Boy, Little Fish

It's Daniel again!  I have a new story.
 
Okay, once upon a time last Friday,
I stayed with GiGi and Hey Yea.
It was too hot outside.
At least, that's what my GiGi said.
 
She said, "Let's go to a park."
"We'll splishy splash and have a snack."
 
Swim diaper, sunscreen, hat,
swim trunks, swim shoes, yada yada,
and off we went in GiGi's car.
 
 
Hey Yea walked with me to the splash pad.
The water hissed and sprayed
and tickled. 
I liked it.
There were lots of splishy splashes.
 
Then . . .
I heard a big, big splash.
 What was it?
I looked around but I didn't see anything.
 
 I like to explore, so off I went.
 I couldn't see or hear the big splash, but
I was starting to feel like a little fish
in a big, big sea.
 GiGi was right beside me.
"Look," she said, and there it was!
The BIG SPLASH.
It came crashing down.
 
 
 I didn't cry, but it sure was nice
to hug GiGi's neck
and find Hey Yea
and feel his big shoulder
and hear his deep calm voice.
 We sat together
and watched for the BIG SPLASH.
 
I'm still a little fish,
even though I call myself
a big, big boy.
 
In just a little while,
 it was time to explore some more.
 I found graham crackers
and icy cold lemonade,
and a cool breeze in the shade.
 I drove my dump truck
on a brick ramp.
 I gave this truck to Hey Yea
for his birthday.
He shares with me
when I come to his house.
 Vroooom!
 I'm a big, big boy
with Hey Yea's dump truck.
 
 
THE END






No comments:

Post a Comment