Monday, June 3, 2013

I Want S'More of These!

What's more S U M M E R than S'Mores?!

Honey Maid Graham Crackers, Kraft Jet-Puffed Marshmallows
and Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bars
 
Just a glance at these three items makes summer memories surface like smoke rising from a campfire.
 
After said campfire had been used to roast wienies, we speared large marshmallows on long sticks, and commenced to roasting.  Unlike my oldest brother's flame-blackened Jet-Puffs, mine needed to be golden and just starting to droop a bit.  Then that bruleed puff of melting sugar and a piece of Hershey Bar got squished between two squares of graham cracker.  Marshmallow ooze draped over  fingers when I took the first bite.  That and a mason jar full of fireflies--the ultimate fancy do-it-yourself end to an awesome day in the sun.
 
Our street's block party was happening over Memorial Day weekend, and I wanted to bring the fixins' for S'Mores.  But the more I thought about it, the more I thought it would be wiser to bring a pre-made version of the treat.  Maybe I underestimate the adventurous spirit of the "Active Adults" in our community.  I don't know.
 
Pinterest did not fail to help me find a recipe.  Graham Cracker S'more Cookies.  Yummmm.
 
You can find the recipe at sweetpea's blogpost which is a great resource for all kinds of goodies.

This is a marshmallow chocolate chip cookie dough
that has a kick of cinnamon.

The cookie dough is placed by the tablespoon on
squares of graham cracker that are arranged side-by-side
on parchment-lined cookie sheets.

Ready for the oven.

Halfway through the baking, take the cookies out of the oven
long enough to put a section of Hershey bar on each
and run them back in the oven to finish baking.
Then sit in front of the oven and drool while you wait!

Oh.  My.  Goodness!
These are reeeally good warm out of the oven.
They were a big hit at the block party on Saturday and at our family lunch on Sunday too.

2 comments: