Thursday, December 16, 2010

Hello Good Bye

Hello
Good Bye


September . . . October . . . November . . . December . . .


what a blur!


The last 4 months have been filled with transferring every single thing that Steve & I own from one location to another. After 5 months on the market, we sold our home of 7 years and moved from Washington County, where we've spent the past 15 years of our life. We've moved to a new home and have begun to settle in to a new chapter.

Cardboard boxes have been packed and stacked, moved, stacked and unpacked. Ruthless decisions about what we absolutely need have been a spiritual exercise for me. And thank goodness for OCD! I know there are meds one can take for that, but it sure comes in handy when it's time to sort, organize, store, and reestablish.

I love our new space. We purchased it last Spring, and it felt like home even before we moved our furniture in. I really enjoy hearing the sounds of the neighborhood elementary school playground when I'm outside. Guess I'm a city girl at heart; and yet, last month I stopped to take in the flock of geese that flew overhead. What a wonder. It was our years in the country that taught me the timing and seasons for such amazing displays of God's faithfulness.


We've already celebrated a birthday, Halloween, and Thanksgiving here. We're close enough to family that we delight in "stop by's"--a true luxury for me as Mom. I've enjoyed sewing and laundry with a real washer and dryer!!! Who knew . . .

Obla-di! Obla-da! Life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment