Thursday, July 7, 2011

Mothers and Fathers

I've loved watching Steve father our Steve Jr. and Will.


There's often lots of kidding around the chips and guacamole.


Joy and Jack Bingham were wonderful to me.
Couldn't ask for better parents-in-law.


My Dad and Stepmother Alma are a sweet couple
whose marriage is a model for me.




There's mischief in his eyes, just as sure as there's a bullseye on that dartboard.

Mom and my Stepfather Tommy provided some of our
happiest family memories.


Steve in Zion National Park


My dear friend Jo is one of the most amazing mothers I know.



So grateful for all the Mothers and Fathers in my life.
God has used each one to teach me deep life lessons:
Love is a verb.


Our grass is greener.
Be faithful.
Love deeply.

Protect.
Treasure time together.

Terminal Independence is an inherited trait.
The best cup of tea is the first one of the day.
 
A free buffet makes the trip worthwhile.
 
Serve gladly.
Mama's fried chicken is the best.
Travel any way you can.
Growing old is not for the weak.
Mother's words are deep in the heart.
Honor your Father and Mother.
A kind sense of humor is a magnet.
Listen long--talk short.
Hard times can be a great teacher.
Songs stay in the memory the longest.
Work hard.

Don't forget to play.
Give your partner space.
Christmas Moments can happen any time of year.
Keep loving, no matter what.
Lean on God.






No comments:

Post a Comment