Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Ola! It's Me, Daniel (Again)

Hi! Ola! It's me, Daniel, and I have a story for you. Okay?

Once upon a time, Daniel came to visit GiGi and HeyYea. Not like our regular Friday-GiGi-picks-me-up-play-all-day-Papai-gets-me-and-we-go-home visit. Nope. This time, Mamae and Papai came with me on a big airplane from California. We have a casa novo--a new home--in California, but GiGiHeyYea's house is still in Texas. So that's why we got on an airplane to visit.

GiGi was waiting inside the airport when we got there.
I ran really fast when I saw my GiGi
at the airport! She sat down on the floor
and gave me big hugs and kisses.

My car seat
came with us from California.
 
HeyYea was waiting in their car, so we buckled my car seat inside and we all drove from the airport to GiGiHeyYea's house. I asked if we were staying a longlonglong time. This visit was 3 nightimes.
 
I ran into GiGiHeyYea's house, and everything looked just the same as when I left for California 7 weeks before. Except for one thing. There was a new bed for me, since I'm a big boy now. It looks like a little boat, see?
Everything is the same
in my room at GiGiHeyYea's
except my new bed.


It fits just right.






 
My rede, my ball popper,
my cars all lined up . . .



my books--all there.
GiGi asked if I wanted to
be a plumber when I grow up.
What in the world does that mean?!
I got to see lots of people that love me when I came to visit Texas. It was Thanksgiving time.
That's Papai's cousin Marisa
showing pictures of her girls,
my cousins Mia and Zoe.


Mamae and I are at the table with
Aunt Marisa, Papai, HeyYea,
Uncle Jr., Auntie Nana, and Uncle Dodo

Here's my buddy, Uncle Steve.
(When I was just a baby, I called him Hunka Cheese.)
He calls me Uncle Daniel!

 
One night, our friends Sachin and Lovely came to see me. They brought some yummy Indian food for dinner. Lovely is a good cook! Even though they moved from India, Lovely and Sachin were our neighbors when we lived in Texas. They love me.
Papai and HeyYea talked to Sachin
about computers and cameras.
I fixed my drill.

I helped Mamae and Lovely
cook some things that smelled
sooo good.






















There was time to do lots of things I like at GiGiHeyYea's house.
HeyYea and I watched Planes.

I climbed trees in my
dinosaur pajamas.

My friend the Mockingbird
came by to sing to me.

I drew a picture for GiGi.


It was fun to roll marbles
down the ramps.
I wanted to play with water,
but GiGi said the hose was broken.

More climbing.

HeyYea was happy when I
climbed up to snuggle.

HeyYea is my buddy.

Did you know that
HeyYea is Papai's
father?!
Really---

HeyYea teases me sometimes.
I say, "Are you teasing me?"

I love HeyYea because
he loves me with a quiet voice
and we share cars.
Here's my new favorite way to play soccer.
I made up the game and it's so much fun.
 

So, that was my first visit back in Texas. I like GigiHeyYea's house.

When we said goodbye, I wanted to know something really important. When could I come back to see GiGi and HeyYea and climb in the tree and play with my cars and chill with HeyYea and play rede soccer? GiGi promised she would come visit me next! She said she wanted to come to California for Christmas at our casa novo.

So, that will be another story to tell, but for now--that's THE END!


No comments:

Post a Comment