Monday, August 16, 2010

I Will Make Known Part 2

I talked about author Linda Dillow's suggested exercise in a previous post. In her study book A Deeper Kind of Calm she asks that the reader spend time with God, asking "Him to bring to mind His deeds, His miracles, His works, and His mighty acts to [the reader] in [her] personal history." Then the reader is to write her "I Remember List." Here's mine:

My Grandmother Beatty--a godly woman whose prayers for her children and
grandchildren made a huge difference in my life

God's guidance and prompting during my pregnancy and healthy delivery of
Steve Jr.

God's overwhelming presence as I read John 15 one day

God's claim on unborn Will through my reading of Psalm 134

God's enabling and strength for both Steve and me to be free from alcohol

Our move to Chappell Hill/Ann & Ken Bevers

First Baptist Church Chappell Hill/Ladies' Bible Studies

May 1998--my recommitment on my knees before the Lord

Steve's cancer diagnosis and treatment--God's direction and miraculous
healing

Mother and Stepfather's last days/God's provision & healing

Father and Stepmother's example of a loving marriage

As the days unfold, I hope to journal about each of these. God has done amazing things!

No comments:

Post a Comment