Thursday, March 22, 2012

For Grand Dad in Texas

The Gringa is here in Brasil without her Gringo.  We talk pretty much every day on Skype, and Grand Dad got to see Little Man at bath time earlier this week.  But that was the first time since Daniel's birth that the stars were aligned in such a way that Daniel was awake, not nursing, about to nurse, or crying because he wanted to nurse.  (The guy has priorities!  Filling out his long torso, arms, and legs is definitely high on the list.  Sleeping is not.)

So, this is for Grand Dad in Texas.
Dear Grand Dad,
They treat me pretty good here.  Mommy makes some crazy-good milkshakes and rocks me in the rede when I'm fussy, which is usually when I want more milkshakes.  Did I mention that she's pretty and soft and very patient with me?  I think that's love.
We swing a lot!!

Mommy lets me look out the window at the bay
when we're swinging.
I spend lots and lots of time with Mommy--sleeping and eating.  That's all really cool.

I spend time with Dad too.  He usually gets me when I'm fussy.  Did you know that he's the fastest diaper changer in the house?  I'm practically up in his arms before I know I'm down on the changing table.  He also gets to walk with me at night.  We walk for miles around the dining table, and he keeps me quiet when I don't want to sleep.  I give Dad a pretty hard time, I guess--what with all the fussing, pooping, peeing, changing, sleepwalking.

So yesterday, I decided we needed some fun time together.  A break, ya' know?
Dad showed me this silly green frog that he calls Sapo.
Dad and Mommy call me Sapo too, when I get all cranky.

My Dad is a crazy man.

I tried to clap my feet for Dad.

I think Dad loves me too.
Dad talks loud and has big hands and a scratchy face.
He can make some pretty cool animal sounds too.

I think Dad is wonderful.
Grand Dad--you did a good job showing Dad all the ropes.
Just like Mommy, Dad has lots to teach me.
But for now, we both need a nap.

Well, at least, Dad needs one.
I think I'll have another milk shake . . .
Thank you, Mommy!

Life is pretty good here.
Grand Dad, I wish you could be here with us.  GiGi keeps telling me about you, and I think we could have some fun taking naps together.  I'll grow a little more and then Mommy and Dad can bring me to see you, okay?

PS--thanks for sharing GiGi with me.

1 comment:

  1. Daniel seems to know all his family well, but most important he knows he is loved. His Gringo will love him too-the moment he gets to hold him!
    We think about you all allot and can't wait to see you all.

    My love to you all. Josie

    ReplyDelete