Thursday, December 19, 2013

Christmas is Coming I

 
The season changed in the blink of an eye!
 
Part of the fun of Christmas time is visual reminders
of the people and times of my life.
So, Merry Christmas, Y'all.
 


Welcome!

See our Charlie Brown Christmas tree?

Mrs. Claus left her purse.

Boxes--some painted, some wrapped with plastic party table cloths--
all tied up with duct tape ribbon and bow
topped with J O Y!

JOY under the tree

I painted chip board letters from Hobby Lobby
to shout what's in my heart.

Merry Christmas!

A fleece tree with felt ornaments helps me remember that Jesus is The Gift.

Daniel and I tell each other the story
while we play with the stars, hearts, and the Baby in the Manger.

I'm crazy about this shade of blue.
Looks kind of wintery and icy, doesn't it?

A tray full of pinecones are fun to explore.
The picture is one of my Christmas favorites:
Grandfather Kenney Reese Voelkel with my brothers
Bill, Doug, and me in my Dad's lap.  1950!!

Our Thanksgiving visitors Sanjin and Lovely
gave us this pretty bamboo.
It's sitting on the breakfast table.

Bright red boots make another Christmas appearance
stuffed with fresh pine in socks.

Our tree this year is small and totally toddler ready.

The Three Kings, an Angel, and Shepherd with a Lamb visit Joseph, Mary and Jesus.
We call the guy in the purple robe King Eggplant!

Sailor Mouse has been courting Missy Mousey for almost 40 years now.
Merry Christmas, Y'all!



No comments:

Post a Comment