Thursday, June 12, 2014

Tra La! It's May!

As Camelot's Guinevere sang, "Tra La!  It's May!"

Before Mothers' Day I brought out a project for Daniel to make for Mamae.

Paints and two year-olds can be pretty messy chaotic fun, so I stripped my buddy down to his diaper on our patio.  The fleeting thought crossed my mind to change into some grubby clothes myself, but the artistic train had already left the station.  Concrete floor, brick walls, concrete bench/table--check.  Indestructible.  Let the creative juices flow!

Paint + Brush + Paper

+ Belly

Wash a brush.


Wash a floor. 

Brushes clean.

Belly clea . . .  well, maybe not.

Water for painting

Dribbles

Splashes

Not a pool


Qweeze

Splat!

Oh, the possibilities . . .

More Qweeze

What happens when I CLAP?!
Wow!  The blue paint flies through the air.

You know that time when, as an adult in charge, you know you shouldn't laugh . . .?
This was that, and I couldn't help myself.
Tra La!

CLAP!  SPLATTER!


Totally immersed in exploring blue

Oh, joy!

If you're happy and you know it,
clap your hands.

Mild as the day was, it wasn't quite play-in-the-hose weather, so there was a bath with plenty of bubbles.

My bad!  I didn't get a picture of the finished project or Cecilia's reaction on Mothers' Day.  :~{
But here's the masterpiece in process.
HeyYea used painter's tape to make the letters L  O  V  E.
Daniel painted.  GiGi removed the tape about a week later
(when the globs of paint dried).
A cute frame.  Done.



BTW--I apologize to any future teachers who may try to introduce finger paints in a classroom with Daniel.  He definitely doesn't color inside the lines.  Besides, according to Lady Guinevere, May is "the darling month when everyone throws self-control away."  Just sayin'

No comments:

Post a Comment