Saturday, April 21, 2012

Daniel's Dates With GiGi

Hi! It's Daniel again. My GiGi says that some people like Daniel stories. So here goes. Once upon a time . . .


. . . every morning I have a date with my GiGi. We hang out in the rede. That's a Portuguese word for net or hammock. (See? I'm bi-lingual!)

GiGi and Daniel in the Rede
I like to swing in the rede. I can look out the window.  I see big birds flying over the bay, and boats with white sails floating on the water.
Can you see the mountain that Mommy calls "The Sleeping Giant?"
I feel the breeze.
I hear the cars and buses.
Sometimes there's a siren.
I listen when a buzzy motor scooter goes by.


The rede is red. It makes a really great squeaky noise where it hooks to the walls. Especially when my GiGi sits with me and swings.  When she holds me in the rede, she sings "Froggy Went A-Courtin'" or "Jesus Loves Me."
We talk about animals
                 or colors
                      or Mommy and Dad
                               or Grand Dad in Texas.
This is the Froggy that goes a-courtin'.

My GiGi sings while we swing.


GiGi likes to kiss my head.
I like to yawn.

She pats my back to help me get rid of the Hiccup Monster. He usually comes after I eat. Stupid Hiccup Monster.
I fuss at that Stupid Hiccup Monster.




When my GiGi swings with me and sings,
         and the rede makes that squeaky noise,
             and the cars and buses drive by under the window,
                                             and the breeze blows,


and the Stupid

Hiccup

Monster

goes
away,
I can't help it! I fall asleep.


(Sometimes my GiGi doesn't realize that she puts her clothes on inside out.)


My GiGi holds me while I sleep. She keeps the rede moving so I can dream of flying like a bird, or sailing away on a big boat. Or riding on a bus like I did when I was in Mommy's tummy.


When I wake up and open my eyes, my GiGi is still there. She smiles when she talks to me. I smile at her.


I like having dates with my GiGi.


The End

No comments:

Post a Comment