Wednesday, July 7, 2010

the turn of a phrase

Loving words the way I do, I chose "By the Way" as my blog title. The phrase turns as I say it or think about it.

Of course, there's the colloquial statement, "Oh, by the way, here's something that might interest you." Just incidental stuff. btw.

Then there's the facet: "Reflecting as I pause by the way on this life journey, let me share an event, story, or memory." I hope to document my path--both past and present.

Turn the words another degree or two and discover yet another meaning. Jesus said, "I am the Way, the Truth, the Life." Though I stumble a lot, I desire to live by the Way--that is, according to the habits and life of my Lord. And so, this blog will be a spiritual journal as well.

"Show me the road I must travel for You [God] to relieve my heart." Psalm 143:8b

No comments:

Post a Comment