Friday, June 15, 2012

Bacon Roses

My first foray on Pinterest netted me the wonderful idea to make bacon roses.  Yep!  Bacon Roses.  Couldn't wait to try it out, so it seemed like the right thing to serve for an intimate Mother's Day brunch.
Thick slices of peppered bacon made pretty roses.

Fresh off the plane from Brasil,
I whipped up some fresh juice.
Mango Banana Orange with Mint.

My hand blender made quick work
with just a few splashes.
Gotta' love a power tool!

Cheers!

Fresh Bouquet on a Bed of Spinach

Scrambled Eggs with Rosemary, Thyme, and Parmesan Cheese

Happy Clean-Up Crew

Luey and Steve brought me these interesting cactus
and a great decorative pot.

These are three of the loves
who make me glad to be a mother.

Mother's Day 2012

By The Way--you can find how-to's for Bacon Roses if you Google.  I'll just say that thick-cut bacon needs to cook a little slower and a lot longer than the how-to I used.  But, thanks to my man, I do have a mini muffin pan with holes drilled in the bottom of each cup, ready to cook more of these dee-lish-us treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment