Monday, May 20, 2013

MARCO! POLO!

May is here.
 

In Texas, that means (mostly) afternoon temperatures that drive us into the water somewhere.  And if kids are in a pool, chances are they'll be playing Marco Polo.  You know that water game, right?  One person is IT; with eyes closed, she tries to locate everyone else by calling out, "Marco!"  The other players are to reply "Polo!" while trying to keep from being found.  The last person to be located is IT and the game continues as long as little lungs can hold out.

POLO !  !  !

May is also the anniversary of the beginning of this blog.  Six years ago, I never would have guessed that By The Way would be anything more than a personal journal.  And yet, when I check the stats on the blogger dashboard, I wonder at the audience of BTW.  This blog pool covers 5 continents!
  • US
  • Canada
  • Russia
  • Romania
  • Indonesia
  • India
  • Brazil
  • Chile
  • Germany
  • Sweden
  • Denmark
  • Spain
  • France
  • Belgium
  • UK
  • Australia
I get it that family and friends in Brazil, Belgium, Sweden, and the US might check in once in awhile.  But the fact that more page views come from Russia than Brazil is quite surprising.  I'm intrigued.

So here's the deal.  Wanna' play Marco Polo?  I'm IT.  My eyes are closed.  I know there are lots of people in this blog pool with me.  When I holler (that's Texan for "call out" or "shout"), would you please respond?  I'd love to know who you are, where you live, how you found By The Way, why you visit, and/or any other info about yourself that you'd like to share.  Just leave a comment at the end of this post, please.

Okay, ready?

MARCO!


No comments:

Post a Comment