Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Happy Birthday, Steve!

Back home in Texas, my Gringo is holding down the fort.  And I miss him a lot--especially today.

Happy Birthday, Steve!  This is the first birthday in 39 years that I haven't given you a kiss.

We've known each other since I had a junior high crush on you--the stock boy at Sacco's Grocery Store on Bissonnet.  You were 16 and I was 13.  My, my . . . how the years have flown.

Well, I'll try to Skype later tonight, but I want everyone to know what a fantastic person you are--

Steady
Quiet
Even-Tempered
Faithful
Honest
Hard-Working
Loyal
Tender
Competitive
Funny
Positive


Thank You, God, for Steve!


Now, everyone join in . . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3Zg7cZVAAc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

4 comments:

  1. Classic Donald Duck birthday song, in Portuguese no less.

    I met Steve at the Edwards Theatre on I-10 to deliver his birthday card with an Old Navy gift card inside (double entendre intended) and then decided to go with him to see Titanic 3D. You can take the man out of the Navy but you can't take the Navy out of the man!

    In addition to all the above, he's a great B-I-L too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donald Duck even wears a Navy jumper, you know!

      Delete
    2. Glad you could spend some time with the B'day boy, Doug.

      Delete