Saturday, October 5, 2013

Seek and Find

Ola! Hello!  It's me--Daniel.  I have a new game and I want to tell you about it.  Okay?!

Chapter One: Treasures
Once upon a time last Thursday, my GiGi came to my house to play with me.  Mamae went somewhere called the store, and came back with lots of bags full of special treasures.  There were onions and carrots and red berries.  And yogurt and milk(sometimes I call it leite because I speak Portuguese too).

There were stacking things in little boxes and heavy cans.  There was a bigbig bunch of soft white round paper.  You know the round paper that's by the potty?  That's what they were, only there were lots of them all inside a plastic bag.  They were squishy fun to climb and roll on--like a bigbig pillow.  So many treasures Mamae brought back for me!

Chapter Two: Pick-Em-Up + Ayuda Mamae
I helped Mamae and GiGi put some things away.  That's a game we call pick-em-up. I was a big help.  Especially when I stood on the ledge inside the refrigerator and made room on the shelves for some of the treasures Mamae brought home.  Ayuda Mamae = Help Mamae.  That's a good game.

Chapter Three: Mais Dancing
HeyYea came to my house too!  We watched my favorite television because I like music and I love to dance.  I watch it over and over and I wanted HeyYea to see it.

There's this man who dances and sings all at the same time.  He wears a hat, and white socks with black pants and black shoes.  He dances all crazy and wonderful: he walks backwards without moving; he kicks and waves his arms and holds his hat.  Sometimes he leans so far to the side!

Mamae says he is Michael Jackson, but we call him Moco (moh-soh).  When I want to see and dance, I ask Mamae, "Mais Moco dancing with a hat?"  My Vovo in Brazil thinks it's really funny when I speak two languages in one sentence. I made Mamae smile, too.

Chapter Four: A New Game
Oh, I almost forgot!  Ayuda Mamae and Pick-Em-Up and Mais Moco Dancing with a Hat are all fun games.  But those are not the new game I want to tell you about.

Here it is.

My GiGi and I were having fun opening and closing bedroom doors while Mamae was busy in the kitchen.  One time when I opened the door, GiGi was gone!  Where did she go? I started to look for her.  I called her.

Mamae asked me, "Where's GiGi?"  I looked in the kitchen, and no GiGi.  HeyYea asked me, "Where did she go?"  We all raised our shoulders and wondered.

Then I turned around and there she was!  My GiGi was standing around the corner by the television, being really still and quiet until I saw her.  We both laughed.  "I see you, Daniel!" she said.  I got a big GiGi hug. 

I ran back inside the room and closed the door.  When I came out again, GiGi was gone.  AgainMamae asked, "Where's GiGi?"  HeyYea asked, "Where did she go?"  We all raised our shoulders and wondered.

This time I found my GiGi in the same place, really still and quiet and smiling so big.  "I see you, Daniel!  Boo!"  We giggled and I got a big GiGi hug.  Then I squealed and ran back to close the door again.

GiGi tried to trick me by hiding in different places.  I called her.  Mamae and HeyYea asked me.  We all raised our shoulders and wondered.

But I found her every time I looked for her.

I found her in the corner by the table.  I found her in the corner by the door to outside.  We giggled every time.  I got a big GiGi hug every time.

My GiGi calls this game Seek and Find.  I like it--a lot!  Maybe more than "Mais Moco Dancing with a Hat?"  Well . . .       

No comments:

Post a Comment