Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Things That Fly and Splash, Part One


Ola! Hello! It's me again--Daniel.  Once upon a time last week GiGi and HeyYea took me on an adventure. We went to a place with lots of agua and lots of ducks.  We took bags of pao/bread to feed the quackers.

Here's where we were.
The agua was behind a big building called a hospital.
GiGi told me this agua was called lake or lagoa.
My GiGi showed me what happens
when you put your knee in duck poop.
I decided not to try.

I liked the ducks, especially when they were far away.
We called them. "DuckDuck!"

They walked up from the agua
all waddle-waddle.
They talked to me with little quacks. 

GiGi showed me how to call them
and throw bread on the grass.
"Joga pao," I said.
Yes! Joga pao.  Throw the bread.

Ducks grabbed the bread and ran.
I liked to watch them walk and waddle and eat that bread.
I liked to study their feathers.
They went to the agua to get a drink.

The sun is not quite so hot, but the shade still feels good.
GiGi says it's Fall.
I thought Fall was when I trip and land on the ground.
 

I really like agua of all kinds. Splashing.
Squirting. Big agua. Little agua.
Here I am showing my GiGi some agua.
Wow!

There was a big thing on this shady place.
GiGi said it was a deer and it was just pretend.
I decided to believe her and not touch it.

Here's HeyYea and Daniel
looking at the big agua and all the ducks.
Did you know HeyYea can talk just like a duck?!

I think the deer was whispering something in HeyYea's ear.
Maybe deer was giving him a kiss.  Beijos!

See how big the agua was?
I guess that's why it's a lake/lagoa.

I got to climb on a fence and play Peek-ee-Boo with HeyYea.

So many ducks! Waddle, splash, fly, swim!
Big white ducks.  Little brown ducks.
Grey ducks with creepy yellow eyes.
Ducks with shiny green heads and bright blue wing feathers
Black and white ducks.
Red feet.  Orange beaks.

I walked all around the big agua with GiGi and HeyYea.
Then we rode in HeyYea's car to GiGiHeyYea house.
And I took a very looong good nap after lunch.
The End!

No comments:

Post a Comment