Saturday, November 17, 2012

Camping

Hi!  Hola!  Daniel here.

A couple of weeks ago it was a pretty sky-blue cool Fall day here in Texas.  After lunch and a not-so-long nap, Mommy decided we needed to camp in the front yard.

We had all the gear:  a little tent just for me from Great Uncle Doug/Dodo and Great Aunt Iris/Nana, a big blanket for the grass, a soft lovey blanket that Josie gave me, a book, toys, and a rainbow umbrella for some shade.

Mommy said there was a big loud green truck coming to pick up recycling.  She promised that if we waited, the men would wave to me.

Dad took a break from working on his computer
to visit Mommy and me at our camp.


The tent behind Dad came from my
Great Aunt Iris/Nana and Great Uncle Doug/Dodo.
They brought it to Brazil when I was just a baby
so the mosquitos wouldn't bite me.
I'm glad we packed it back to Texas.


See the umbrella?
That's called a guarda chuva in Brazil
because it guards you from the rain.
I like all the colors.
 Okay, something weird happened when we were camping.  All these strange creatures started coming up to our umbrella.


This looked like an upside-down foot to me,
but Mommy said it was a camel.


And then she told me there was a goose.
Really?!


. . . and a gorilla!
I'm really glad my soft lovey blanket from Josie
was there to help keep that critter away.


The next time I blinked, there was a dog.


The rabbit must have been hiding when the dog came by.
Then Mommy and I looked up and saw an alien!!!!
This space creature had a pumpkin round body
a head with no neck, and
goofy little wing-hands.
He couldn't possibly fly!
 Just when I was hoping our guarda chuva would guard us from more than rain . . .

Guess what?
It was just my Dad.
He makes me laugh.

 And the big loud green truck came by so the men could wave at me and pick up recycled stuff.  Now the world will be a better place for camels, geese, gorillas, dogs, rabbits, space aliens, and my family too.

No comments:

Post a Comment