Saturday, November 3, 2012

Hola, Vovo!

If you've ever had doubts about the benefits of technology, just take a look.


"I know that voice."  *squeal*


"I see that face!"  *coo*


"Hola, Vovo!"  *squeal*  *giggle*


Daniel's Vovo Dora is talking to him from Brazil.
Tia Flora is there too.


"Oh, there's Tio Helio and Tia Cecilia!"
 I'm speechless every time I see these photos.

The expressions on their faces--both Daniel's and all those who love him in Brazil--are priceless.  I remember how beautifully painful my Skype experiences were after I returned from my visit.  We were so far away, and yet connected in real time, face to face.  And still so far away.  Bittersweet.

I used to sing this song to baby D while I stared out the apartment window, across the mountains and Guanabara Bay.  I would tell Daniel about his Grand Dad in Texas.  I still sing it, only now we talk about Daniel's Grandmother so far away in Brazil.
I see the moon.  The moon sees me, down through the leaves of the tall oak tree.  Please let the moon that shines on me shine on the one I love.  Over the mountains, over the sea, back where my heart is longing to be. Please let the light that shines on me shine on the one I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment