Friday, November 2, 2012

Daniel Moves His Parents to Texas

Daniel Moves His Parents to Texas




Dateline:  September 26, 2012  (Yes, I know that was 5 weeks + 2 days, or 37 days ago.  Things have been busy here in Daniel Land.)


Mommy and Dad relax on the floor of GiGi's Retreat
post-flight from Brazil

Early the next morning GiGi finds Grand Dad and me
chillin' with Nemo.  I got to sit in Grand Dad's lap
for the first time ever yesterday.
We're friends. 

My Mommy and Dad are sleeping--but I'm not.
She's in their bed and
he's in the chair next to Grand Dad and me.

I'm teaching Grand Dad how to operate this toy I brought from Brazil.
My GiGi found this cool chair, and said I could be the first
to use it.

It's a wonderful thing to share time and food with Grand Dad.
He has a quiet voice and is pretty calm,
so I ate lots of fruit for him.

Papaya is my favorite fruit, because I'm from Brazil.

When Mommy and Dad were packing all our stuff to move to Texas,
they remembered to bring my Sapo (that means Frog in English).
They used to call me Sapo a lot when I was a cranky little baby.

BTW--This box is my taxi.  It's just like the ones I played with
in our apartment in Brazil when we were packing.
I like it when Dad gives me a ride around the room,
and I even like to sit in my taxi and play.
 
There's lots to explore here in Texas.
My GiGi says I have rubber legs,
I love to pull up and stand,
even though I'm still hurkyjerky.
Sometimes the chair bites my head or I tumble down
like Jack and Jill.  That makes me so mad!
Someone like Grand Dad is always close,
in case my rubber legs play tricks on me.
I sit real straight by myself and
crawl on my belly fast like a commando,

but
I haven't figured out how to
get from my belly to sit up by myself.
My GiGi says it won't be long.

Now that my GiGi has a schedule (HA!) and a place to sit (HA HA!), maybe she'll be blogging more.  My Tia Flora tells Mommy that she  and my fan club in Brazil want to see more pictures.  Hola, Tia.  Beijos!

No comments:

Post a Comment