Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Daniel Land, Part One

Before my Gigi left Brazil in May, she promised me she would hang a rede for me in her house in Texas. She said when I came to visit, she and I could swing and cuddle just like we did when I was just a baby in Brazil.

When I got to Gigi and Grand Dad's house in September, I looked everywhere for our rede. I looked inside the house, and it wasn't there.

I was pretty sad when it was time to sleep.  Naps and darktime were . . . uh . . . not so much fun for anyone.  My Gigi tried to explain that Grand Dad wasn't happy about installing a rede inside, and since it was his house too, he got to decide.

Okay, so I looked outside for our rede.  Mommy would take me outside to see the birds when I got really fussy in the daytime.  Dad would walk outside with me at 2 in the darktime to find the rede, but it wasn't there.

I could go to sleep in my blue stroller if someone would walk and walk and walk me 'round and 'round the neighborhood.  Once when it was raining really hard, Mommy and Gigi put me in my red car seat and sat me on this big rumbly shiny white box in the laundry room.  Gigi called it a dryer.  Mommy got my favorite video on a tiny picture in front of me in my car seat on the rumbly box, and I decided they needed to rest.  So I went to sleep for a little bit.

Guess what?  After four days and four nights, our rede appeared!  It was magic!

I'm one happy boy with Dad in our orange rede.

Can you see how calm I get when I swing and look out the window?

It works . . .


I finally got Dad to sleep.

 BTW--thanks, Grand Dad.



No comments:

Post a Comment